The Red Lion dates back as an inn to the 17th century, and over the years it has been sympathetically extended and now operates as a large destination food pub. It was refurbished to an excellent standard in August 2015. This outlet oozes character and is reportedly the oldest pub in Blackburn. The Red Lion enjoys a prominent location on a busy roundabout on the outskirts of Blackburn, just two miles from the town centre, and just off Junction 6 of the M65. It is surrounded by large residential areas and there is also a large industrial park nearby. The Red Lion has an excellent reputation for good quality traditional food, that is complimented by a great selection of beers and wines.
- Internally, the cosy lounge areas lend themselves to both dining and drinking and can host up to 160 covers
- The large dining room can easily be used for functions
- There is a large, fully equipped catering kitchen that can cater for all occasions
- Externally, there is a lovely beer garden that can sit up to 100 people
- A good sized car park for up to 50 vehicles
The spacious domestic accommodation is well maintained and presented to a good standard. It comprises of a good sized lounge, 3 double bedrooms, a kitchen/diner, a bathroom and an office.